Mechanism for Redressal of Grievances of Students
The students are the main stakeholders in any institution imparting education and it is our endeavour to make all efforts to ensure transparency in all the activities at different stages. Taking this spirit in consideration, the University has decided to provide mechanism to students for redressal of their grievances as under:
- The Grievances may include the following complaints of the aggrieved students.
- Grievance related to Assessment
- Grievance related to Victimization
- Grievance related to Attendance
- Grievance related to charging of fees
- Grievance regarding conduct of Examinations
- Harassment by students or teachers etc.
- There will be Grievance Redressal Committees at the Department/Institutes/University level to deal with the grievances of the students:
- Department Level Committee will be as under:
This Committee will deal with the Grievances related to Academic and Administrative matters of the Department.
- Head of the Department/Chairperson _______ Chairperson
- Upto 3 faculty members to be nominated by the Head of the Department/Chairperson.
- University Level Committee will be as under:
This Committee will deal with all the Grievances directly which is related to the common problems at University level both Academic and Administrative. In addition, this committee will also entertain the appeal filed by student against the decision of the Department Level Committee.
- Dean Student Welfare _______ Chairperson
- Dean Student Welfare (W)
- Controller of Examination (for exam. related grievances)
- Finance & Development Officer (for fee/finance related grievances)
- Dean of Faculty concerned
- Director Research (for the cases related to Research Scholars)
- Head of the Department concerned
- A person with rural background from Reserved Category (nominated by DSW)
- A student leader (nominated by DSW)
- Assistant Registrar/Deputy Registrar, DSW Office _______ Convener
- Procedure for Redressal of Grievances:
- An aggrieved student who has the Grievance or Grievances at the Department level shall make an application first to the Head of the Department. The Head of the Department, after verifying the facts will try to redress the grievance within a week of the receipt of application of the student. If the student is not satisfied with the verdict or solution of the Head of the Department, then the same should be placed before the Departmental level Committee.
- If the student is not satisfied with the redressal offered by the Department level Committee and feel that his/her Grievance is not redressed, he/she can submit an appeal to the University level Committee within a week from the date of receipt of the decision with the relevant details.
- The Chairperson of the University level Committee should consider the appeal of the student and will place the matter before the University level Committee which shall either endorse the decision of the Department level Committee or shall pass appropriate order in the best possible manner within 10 days of receipt of application.
- While dealing the complaint, the Committees at both levels will observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level, the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations should be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to both the level, as the case may be, through the Head of Department.
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866 (from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm on working days including Saturday)